Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sprinkles cupcakes made by TLC - That's Me


My mom knows how much I love Sprinkles Cupcakes so she bought me a canister of the cupcake mix for Christmas. At first I was disappointed because it is the experience and the tradition that I love the most.

Traditionally, Every year before the beach, we drive an hour to our nearest Sprinkles Cupcake Store. We wait in line for at least 15 minutes and we pay almost $4 for one cupcake. That is not the hardest part though. The hardest part is choosing which flavor to get. Besides their signature red velvet (which now comes Gluten Free and Vegan) they have other flavors such as Peanut Butter Chocolate, Coconut, and Chocolate Marshmellow to choose from. A box of 4 will run you $12.

So in honor of March's 30daysof...favorite famous recipes, I made mini red velvet cupcakes out of the cupcake mix to bring to an evening group meeting. The kit comes with 12 of their dots and a package of dry mix. The recipe for their frosting and the cupcakes are inside. Do they taste the same? Yes. They are fabulous!!!!
The cupcake mix makes 12 cupcakes and costs $14. Flavors are red velvet, dark chocolate, vanilla, lemon, banana, pumpkin, spice and chocolate peppermint.
And as they always say, mother knows best! So thanks mom. Sorry I seemed so disappointed at first!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!