Friday, August 1, 2008

Life should be a musical


"Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, I got a wonderful feeling, everything's going my way."  (Imagine what your day would be like if you woke up every morning singing this?)

I just saw Mama Mia and as a lover of all musicals, it tops the list.  My expectations were set low because movies never compare to the "real" musicals performed on stage, but as with Chicago, I love the movie a little better. I brought my daughter (after learning it was appropriate for 8 year olds) and enjoyed her reaction immensely.  She thought it was hysterical when people would just start singing instead of conversing, and then everyone ends up participating in the song and dance, completely disregarding any responsibility they were partaking in at that moment.  Her comment was, "this is so weird, mom. Imagine if people did this in real life?"  
So, the whole way home, my daughter and I sang our conversation instead of conversing.  It was funny, it made sitting in traffic "enjoyable" and our song, (although it won't top the charts) actually had a melody with a catchy tune.
I highly recommend the movie, Mama Mia and the CD available at itunes.com. It has all the 
ABBA songs we grew to love and your children can now sing as well.
What movie musical is your favorite? Go see Mama Mia and determine if it beats out Moulan Rouge, Chicago,
Dreamgirls, Sound of Music?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!