Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pear, Brie and Pecan Bites

See the love shaped like a pear...see all the other ways I found love.
This recipe was begging me to make it.  First I purchased a box of pilsbury crescent rolls from Costco thinking I would be using them to bake over the holidays.  Instead I made Bacon Wrapped Dates - delish. Then I purchased a block of the Rondele double créme Baby Brie but I ate that as my snack for the entire week with some crackers and raspberries. So I had to get another one.  I am always trying to do something with pecans, so when I found this recipe on the back of the Pilsbury Crescent Roll box, it was an absolute necessity that I bake them. All I needed were the pears.  Luckily we received a box of Harry and David Pears on Christmas Day. 

*If you are trying to save calories and don't want to use the crescent rolls, place the pear filling in a bowl and serve with Karr's Crackers.

INGREDIENTS
1 can of crescent dinner rolls rolled out then cut into squares
1 pear peeled or 1 1/2 cups diced small (Harry and David preferably)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
8 oz of Brie Cheese (Rondele is a great brand to try)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 cup chopped pecans

PREPARATION
Preheat oven to 375˚F. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Separate the dough into two long rows and cut into squares. Gently press i square into a muffin cup (it will not completely cover the inside of cup)
Cube the cheese and Place one cube of the brie cheese on the bottom of each cup
Mix the pear, brown sugar, honey, and cayenne pepper and spoon 1 teaspoon on top of the brie cube.
Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the pear mixture.


Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm.

Looking for other BITE SIZE GOODIES?
Follow the 30days of Blog on Facebook for free printables, inspiration and contest news.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!