Thursday, April 2, 2009

Make $ painting hands and feet!

You can make money doing whatever you love,  even if you paint fingers and toes!  I interviewed artist, Lollie Kienz of Fullerton who paints hands and foot prints of your children and turns them into art.  

Piggies and Paws is a home party business which focuses on the creative preservation of children’s growth. Our main service is to provide a fun and creative way to preserve children’s hand and foot prints. Unlike casting and plaster impressions, which are typically done only in a child’s first year, our hand and foot art can be done throughout a child’s lifetime, actually documenting their growth.



30 days of: What is the name of your business?

Lollie Kientz: Piggies and Paws.  I create custom, frameable artwork out of the hand and footprints of children.  

30 days of: Why did you get started in this business?
Lollie Kientz: I am a person that truly loves creative projects and my number one priority is being a mom.  When I was pregnant with my second, I wanted something to keep me busy, bring in some extra cash, and ultimately let me stay home with my girls.  Piggies and Paws popped into my head one morning and I started the process of interviewing.  It was an absolute perfect fit.

30 days of: Is there a start up cost? Describe the start up cost and what you need to do to qualify for promotion or revenues, trips, cars?
Lollie Kientz: There is a start up cost that you learn more about in the process of interviewing.  You make your money back quickly.  There is no promotions or cars or incentives like that but there is also no big sales push.  I am not a big sales person at all so I really like how the company is structured like that.  

30 days of: How do you stay motivated? Books, quotes, people who inspire, etc...
Lollie Kientz: I actually stay motivated by working on creative projects in between work.  Sometimes it can get monotonous so I just pull some other project out that I am working on for my girls or the house that I am really excited about and work on that.  

30 days of: What is your favorite product or the best selling product (service) you offer?
Lollie Kientz: My best selling product is the only product I offer and that is the artwork itself.  There are hundreds of prints to choose from and all of them are unique and adorable.  Priceless!

30 days of: What is your biggest challenge in marketing your business?
Lollie Kientz: I actually have never marketed my business. Word of mouth is how I get my referrals.

30 days of: How do you get paid? 
Lollie Kientz: I send everything into the company and they cut me a check.

30 days of: Is there room for advancement (growth)?
Lollie Kientz: Within your own business and booking galleries, yes.

30 days of:  Who is your competition? Other companies that sell the same products or services? Why did you choose yours?
Lollie Kientz: I am not aware of any other product or company like this one.  

30 days of:
How can someone contact you or learn more about the company?
Lollie Kientz: You can learn more about the company through the website at piggiesandpaws.com.  I am the artist in Fullerton, Lollie Kientz, so you can contact me through the website too. Simply enter your zip code to find a piggies and paws artist in your area.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!