Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Make $ come out of your custom designed purse

When shopping for purses, I rarely find exactly what i want.  I settle for a different size, color, even buckle, and still pay the high price for it.  That is until B's Purses was introduced to me.  Not only do they create custom designed purses...it is a business opportunity as well. I interviewed Cindy Turner to learn how someone could put money in their purse, instead of taking it out of their purse.

30daysof: What is the name of your business?
CT: B's Purses

30daysof: Why did you get started in this business?
CT: I received a gift card to design my own diaper bag while I was pregnant with my son. I had never heard of B's Purses before, so when I went on the website I was instantly hooked. You can design your purse online with an idea of how your purse will look when completed. You choose everything: the style, the outside and inside fabrics, handles, hardware and even have options for zippers, snaps, monograms, and more. I loved the purses and the idea that anyone can create their own look/style. I designed my diaper bag and signed up to be a Designer before it was even delivered! Once I received my order, the quality of the bag more than exceeded my expectations! 

30daysof:  Is there a start up cost? Describe the start up cost and what you need to do to qualify for promotion or revenues, trips, cars?
CT: $99 for initial start up to be a Designer. This gives you a B Happy Large Tote (retail $125). The tote is filled with information to help you get your business up and running. By being a Designer, you also have the opportunity to design two bags each season (Spring and Fall) at 50% off!

30daysof: How do you stay motivated? Books, quotes, people who inspire, etc...
CT: B's sends out a monthly newsletter called "In the Beehive" which has recruiting tips, party tips, incentives, top sellers, and more. It is helpful to see what others are doing in the company.

30daysof: What is your favorite product or the best selling product (service) you offer?
CT: I don't have one particular purse that is my favorite. Instead, I love the idea that customers are not limited to purses that are pre-designed or fabricated. B's purses are a fun extension of the customers' personality. There are many fabrics and styles to choose from so each purse is unique.

30daysof: What is your biggest challenge in marketing your business?
CT: The economy poses a problem right now. Some people have been taken back by the price ($100-$150 is average for a purse), however, once they see the quality they realize it is more than worth the cost to design your own purse.

30daysof: How do you get paid? 
CT: Commissions of 20-26% are paid on your personal base sales depending on your level. Additional commissions can be earned once you build a downline.

30daysof: Is there room for advancement (growth)? 
CT: There are several levels and opportunities to advance in the company. As you introduce the B’s business to others who become Designers, you can earn commissions on the sales of your group.

30daysof: Who is your competition? Other companies that sell the same products or services? Why did you choose yours?
CT: So far, I have not heard of any company that gives the flexibility to design your own purse top to bottom, inside to outside.

30daysof: What is the best way to contact you to learn more?
CT: I am best reached by visiting my website: www.bspurses.com/cturner or by emailing me at cturnerpurses@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!