Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hillbilly Bunco

Ersoften I git to go to a shindig that inspires me.  Last night, I went to a Hillbilly Bunco.  As I was fixin' to leave, I tightened my braids, pulled on my boots, and grabbed me some straw to chew.


I drove faster than greased lightnin' I was so excited to get me some shine and see the hostess, Karri Sue, and her newest yungin.  When I got there it was tough to get in.  The lawn chairs and hose were blocking the entrance.  The awfullest thing was the picture of the racer car driver #88 on the door, and nary a picture of Jimmy Johnson was around.


Most of my kin was there,  Megan May, Meichele Jo, Dawn Jean and Melinda Rae (poor things got their teeth knocked out again) Amber Lynn looked loose as a goose with her bra and panties hangin out.    Her mullet looked purtier than ever though.  Audrey Lee poured me some Boonesfarm Strawberry Hill Wine she brung.  It brought back memories of the time I got higher than a Georgia Pine.


She decorated the tables with mix-matched paper plates, used newspaper as the tablecloth,  and put some purty flowers in a beer can.  The moon was shining on her clothes line outside the window. I felt real bad though cuz this mean cat was hangin around her house. She posted pictures of it. She don't like cats so please call her if you reckon it's yours.  (even if it ain't I'm sure she'll still let you have it) Here's the pic below.



The best part of the night was The Vittles.  Boy were they larapin!
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole with taters inside
Corn Bread and honey
Watermelon (I love watermelon)
Salad Served in Mason jars
Dessert was Mint chip Ice Cream Casserole (see recipe below)


We played bunko (which I don't like vaymuch) and I won me some money.  Now I can go buy my brother a ham and cheese on rye cuz he has always been one sandwich shy of a picnic.


Download hillbilly labels $2 
for use on bottled waters
and food buffets.  
I kain't remember when I had so much fun.  I reckon it was at the last party Karri hosted.  See details here and start a bunco tradition with your friends and family.  Download  hillbilly labels for your own party.  All donations support the charities at www.lunchi.org


MINT CHIP CASSEROLE DESSERT
1 package Oreo Cookies (51 cookies)
3 tablespoons butter
Mint Chip Icecream
Junior Mints

  1. First, mix the cookie crumbs (30 cookies) and butter in a processor or with a spoon until they're properly mixed and have a consistent texture.
  2. Press the crust into into the bottom of a casserole dish.
  3. Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes at 350 F before filling. Baking the crust helps to keep it firm when the pie is cut.
  4. Once the ice cream is soft enough to stir, add the junior mints and mix evenly.  
  5. Spread the ice cream mixture in the cooled casserole dish
  6. Top with remaining oreo crumbs (21 cookies)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!